Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy weekend!!!!

As tropical storm Lee came across my neck of the woods it was apparent that there would be nothing to accomplish outside . . . . . perfect!!!  I spent my whole weekend chugging away in my lair.  The garage door was open, raining and windy as hell outside, but none coming in for some reason, it was great.  I was lucky to have picked up my carbs from Mike Darby (http://darbyclassics.com/) last week and looked forward to getting them in the car.  He did an incredible job, they look like new!


 < BEFORE

AFTER >
I spent Friday evening getting some of this area tied up.  The vacuum reservoir was refinished and painted, as well as the surrounding areas.  The reservoir was re-seated and I spent the rest of the evening getting the carbs hooked up to each other, running the fuel line with the brass T and hanging them on the manifold. 

 Through Saturday my attention turned to getting the tank set in as I didn't have much time to play Sat.  Surprisingly, it only took 15-20 minutes to convince the tank that it needed to return home.  Removing the boot latch and the passenger side tank mount made this all a lot easier.  



 I couldn't resist dropping the air box in to see this area looking near completion.



This shows one of the inline filters.  I realized after looking at this picture that I meant to put it on the line underneath it that would put it in front of the fuel pump, I will have to fix that tonight.  Next up, achieving spark, adding fuel, and praying for some magic.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking like you'll have it on the road pretty soon. What's the next step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be de-bunking the ignition to find the source of not receiving a spark this week. I hope to have an answer by the end of the week and get to ignite some petrol this weekend!

    ReplyDelete