Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Temporarily distracted . . . . .

 Its been a while since I have updated this, but it's due to being enthralled with getting the E rolling. Last post, I addressed the coil being fried.  I got my new coil in, but that did not fix the problem.  After testing all connections, the condenser was found to be bad, as well as needing a new set of points.  These were purchased and delivered promptly.  After installing the new components, I was still not receiving current.  With some frustration, I headed to my SABCC club meeting for the evening and brought along my phone with the pictures on it.  It didn't take long in talking with some fellow members for them to explain that if my points isolator was not set in the correct order, I could be grounding myself out and not know it.  It took 5 minutes after getting home to realize that I had missed the fact that the isolator is in fact 2 pieces.  Fixed, and receiving spark!

Out with the old, in with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment