Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This is the current state of the valve cover.  I have since done a little polishing . . . looks awesome.  Ill leave this here to show what it came from and drop a finished pic in when I finish all the fins and my fingers re-coop enough to type again.


 This is officially, the first SNG Barrett delivery I have received.  Shipping was great!  I placed my order Monday and had this on my door step Wednesday!  Inside were two oil filter elements, since Ill be running the motor for the first time in 25 years I will be making 2 changes fairly close to each other to make sure I cycle some oil through and get it out incase it is contaminated.  I also ordered a new air filter, fuel filter, fuel tank sump bolt plug, sending unit gasket, one valve cover stud and one valve cover acorn.  These parts, with the addition of my fuel tank which is soon to be reconditioned, a Facet fuel pump (original was a no go - failed bench test), and my carbs which are being done as I type should being me up to operational tests!  I am crawling through these stages, as I dont want ANYTHING to hinder getting it to fire.


The fuel filter was removed as you saw a couple posts ago, I also blasted the bracket in frame, cleaned up the ground, and painted the fire wall area behind them with a rust encapsulator from Eastwood.  I will be re-assembling them will post new pictures of this area. 


I thought it would be cool to show what many years of grime and corrosion can look like with a little TLC.  "After" pics to follow in next post.

Some things to look forward to!
  • Prep boot for being re-mated to fuel tank (encapsulate)
  • Remove adhesive in interior floors and prep.  Decide whether to weld in new floor pan on drivers side.  (encapsulate)
  • Purchase and mount Facet fuel pump
  • Re-condition heater box
  • Strip bonnet of chrome and lights, prepare for body work!
  • Pick colors!!!  I have been going back and forth between Opalescent Silver Blue and Opalescent Dark Blue . . . I know these are Series 1 colors, but they stopped them in 68 (close) and I'm not making this a 100 pt car.  I want to drive it and LOVE the color.  
'till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment